Media Revolution, Monsanto Lovefest, Collateral Murder: Eyewitness Account (by breakingtheset)
‘EPISODE BREAKDOWN: On this episode of Breaking the Set, Abby Martin talks to Peter Phillips, former director of Project Censored, about the national media reform conference and the need to create a media movement from the grassroots level. Abby then highlights Diana Reeves, founder of GMO Free USA, for her activism against the deceitful tactics of big agro-business, and calls out US Senator Roy Blunt, for his long list of shady dealings, exposing his latest attempt to undermine the democratic process by trying to anonymously push the Monsanto Protection Act through a senate budget bill. BTS wraps up the show, with in interview with RT Correspondent Meghan Lopez, discussing her interview with Veteran Ethan McCord, an eyewitness to the killing spree captured in the now infamous ‘collateral murder video’.’
Cannabinoids may very well be one of the best disease and cancer fighting treatments out there.
‘The Coca-Cola Company Beverage Institute for Health & Wellness (an oxymoron if I’ve ever heard one), has released an “aspartame safety” page that is described as a “resource for professionals.”
The only problem is that it claims aspartame is safe for use by nearly all populations, except for those born with the genetic disorder phenylketonuria (PKU). In reality, research suggests this artificial sweetener may be implicated in health risks ranging from cancer to seizures and even death.
Aspartame is used in more than 6,000 products worldwide, including Diet Coke products, which may contain up to 190 milligrams (mg) of aspartame per 8.3 fluid ounce serving.’
Cancerous Capitalism | Interview with John McMurtry (by breakingtheset)
‘Abby Martin talks to University of Guelph professor, & author of ‘The Cancer Stage of Capitalism’ John McMurtry, about Capitalism as the source of social inequality, and what he believes to be the root cause of most social ills.’
‘After a serious head injury in 1997, Rick Simpson sought relief from his medical condition through the use of medicinal hemp oil. When Rick discovered that the hemp oil (with its high concentration of T.H.C.) cured cancers and other illnesses, he tried to share it with as many people as he could free of charge, curing and controlling literally hundreds of people’s illnesses… but when the story went public, the long arm of the law snatched the medicine — leaving potentially thousands of people without their cancer treatments — and leaving Rick with unconsitutional charges of possessing and trafficking marijuana.
Throughout man’s history hemp has always been known as the most medicinal plant in the world. Even with this knowledge, hemp has always been used as a political and religious football. Watch the documentary Run From The Cure to understand more about using cannabis as a cure for cancer and other medical problems.’
‘1) GMOs disrupt digestion. Purveyors of GMOs claim that the human body is unable to tell the difference between GMOs and natural food. But a 2004 study published in the journal Nature Biotechnology tells a different story, having found that transgenic plant DNA actually persists in the human gastrointestinal tract upon consumption. According to this important study, which is the closest thing to a human clinical trial that has ever been conducted with GMOs, genetic material from GMOs actually transfers into the DNA of living bacteria in the gut, where it reproduces indefinitely. (http://www.anh-usa.org)
2) GMOs cause cancer. The most recent study to identify a link between GMO consumption and the formation of cancer, the so-called Seralini Study provides solid evidence showing that GMOs are processed by mammals far differently than natural foods. According to this study’s findings, rats fed a lifetime of GMOs sprayed with the toxic Roundup (glyphosate) herbicide developed serious tumors that took over their entire bodies. An earlier study published in the International Journal of Biological Sciences arrived at similar results, with the addition of organ failure as a symptom of GMO consumption. (http://www.naturalnews.com)
3) GMOs increase herbicide use. Contrary to industry claims, GMOs have not reduced the need for chemical inputs, but rather greatly expanded it. According to a comprehensive, 16-year review of chemical use in conjunction with the advent of GMOs in 1996, researchers from Washington State University’s Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources found that herbicide use has increased by an astounding 527 millions pounds since GMOs were first introduced. To make matters worse, Roundup, the chemical of choice for many GMOs, has been found to persist in soils, waterways, and other environmental nooks and crannies, and sometimes it even ends up contaminating water supplies. ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com)
4) GMOs damage native species. A major point of contention with GMOs is that they can very easily pass their traits onto non-GMO, organic, and native crops and other plants, effectively destroying their very integrity permanently. Hundreds of farmers have actually been sued by Monsanto and other GMO giants over the years after their crops were inadvertently contaminated by GMOs. GMOs are also responsible for killing off bees, bats, butterflies, and other pollinators, whose bodies are unable to handle the onslaught of altered DNA and chemicals that are characteristic of GMO technologies. (http://www.naturalnews.com/035511_insecticide_bees_collapse.html)
5) GMOs pollute the environment. Mainstream scientists and industry spokespersons often gloat about the supposed environmental benefits of GMOs. But the truth of the matter is that GMOs and the chemicals used to grow them are a major source of environmental pollution. A 2011 study published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Science found that the Bacillus thuriengensis (Bt) bacteria engineered into Monsanto’s GM corn can now be found in hundreds of streams and waterways throughout the U.S. Midwest. Another study published in the journal Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry revealed that Roundup herbicide is also present in many waterways and groundwater sources throughout America as well. (http://naturalsociety.com)
6) GMOs deplete soil minerals, destroy beneficial bacteria. The presence of Roundup, Bt bacteria, and other GMO byproducts in our water and soil would only be half as bad if these toxins merely persisted as innocuous pollutants. But studies have shown that these chemicals actually degrade and deplete soils of vital minerals and beneficial bacteria, both of which protect crops from pests, viruses, and other threatening elements. Glyphosate, the active component in Roundup, also does not biodegrade, which means it is continually accumulating in the environment without restraint, perpetually altering soil composition and contaminating natural resources. (http://www.psrast.org/soilecolart.htm)
7) GMOs spawn crop-destroying ‘superweeds,’ ‘superbugs.’ The basic premise behind how GMOs work portends that artificially engineering crops with resistance to certain chemicals and exposures that would otherwise harm or kill them can improve yields and protect the environment. And this built-in resistance has allowed farmers to indiscriminately spray chemicals like Roundup on their crops without worrying about killing them. But this system is now failing, as the weeds and pests targeted by GMO technologies have mutated and developed resistance to crop chemicals and Bt toxin. As a result, pestilence and disease is on the rise due to GMOs, which spells eventual disaster for the food supply. (http://grist.org)
To learn more about the dangers of GMOs, visit the Institute for Responsible Technology:
‘Does marijuana cause cancer? Revealing the link between cannabis and cancer yet again, researchers with the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco have released findings that further bolster cannabis as an anti-cancer solution. The researchers have found a compound in the much-talked-about plant could “halt the spread” of many types of aggressive cancers, including breast cancer.
Cannabidiol is the compound, and while it fights cancer cells, it does not produce the high feelings commonly associated with cannabis. Instead, it seems to “switch off” the gene responsible for metastasizing breast cancer.
They reportedly found the compound doesn’t only stop the breast cancer cells from growing, but even causes them to return back to normal cells, cancer-free.
Further exemplifying the benefits of marijuana and showing the cannabis and cancer relationship, a similar study was published last year after the group found promising results in mice. Now, they say they are “on the verge” of publishing another study on animals that further expands these results.
“The preclinical trial data is very strong, and there’s no toxicity. There’s really a lot or research to move ahead with and to get people excited,” said study co-leader Dr. Sean McAllister.
The research is a long way off from developing a medication or cancer-treatment for humans, but it is another step in the right direction. They are said to be developing human trials and look forward to testing it in combination with current chemotherapies. A real measure of success, however, would be found if the natural substance could be used without traditional chemo.
As we reported just a few months ago, the effectiveness of this go-to traditional cancer treatment is highly questionable, furthering the need for a natural alternative. Scientists looking at cancer cells unexpectedly found that chemo actually damages healthy cells and causes them to release a protein that actually increases tumor growth. In addition, it makes the tumor more resistant to future treatment.
This is in addition to all of the side effects brought on by this poison—including the well-known hair loss and nausea, as well as long term cognitive dysfunction.
Other studies have been made over the past decades much like this one linking cannabis and cancer prevention: Manuel Guzman located in Madrid, Spain discovered that cannabinoids substantially inhibit the growth of tumors in a variety of lab animals. In the study he also found that not one of these tested animals endured any kind of side effects seen in many similar chemotherapy treatments. It is becoming increasingly clear that you can sidestep any of the misery associated with traditional cancer treatments and embrace the potent, effective healing powers of THC and cannabidiol (CBD).
Now we just have to cross our fingers that Big Pharma won’t stake her claim on the natural compounds, patenting them, creating perverse versions of them in a lab to bottle and affix with an exorbitant price.’
‘The National Institute on Drug Abuse supported Tashkin’s marijuana-related research over the decades and gave him a grant to conduct a large, population-based, case-controlled study that would prove definitively that heavy, long-term marijuana use increases the risk of lung and upper-airways cancers. What Tashkin and his colleagues found, however, disproved their hypothesis.’
‘While it’s impossible to avoid all of the toxins and cancer causing agents that surround you, there are some simple, yet effective steps you can take that will greatly decrease your exposure to toxic substances. Making these painless adjustments can lower your risk for just about every type of cancer along with a whole slew of other diseases. The key to this list is that each of the items exposes you to toxins or cancer causing agents on a daily, or almost daily, basis. By eliminating them you are effectively cutting out a large majority of your exposure.
1. Purchase organic foods
By going organic, you are not only avoiding pesticides; you are also avoiding GMOs, artificial ingredients and harmful preservatives.
2. Filter your tap water
Tap water contains arsenic, fluoride and chlorine; all of which are highly toxic. Using a water filter for your drinking water is a great start; however, the body absorbs a substantial amount of water through the skin during showers and baths. One good option is to install an entire house water filter which can remove 99 percent of these chemicals.
3. Get the mercury fillings taken out of your mouth
Mercury is highly toxic and the old fillings in your mouth may be slowing leeching into your system. When making an appointment to get your mercury fillings removed, be sure to find a dentist that has expertise in this area.
4. Make your own deodorant
Deodorants and antiperspirants contain dangerous chemicals including aluminum, parabens, propylene glycol, FD&C colors, talc and more. Making your own natural deodorant is as easy as mixing coconut oil, baking soda and shea butter.
5. Buy natural toothpaste and mouthwash
Fluoride is very toxic and should not be swallowed. Many toothpastes and mouthwashes contain fluoride, triclosan, saccharin and artificial colors such as FD&C Blue #1. Avoid these ingredients by purchasing natural toothpastes and mouthwashes. You can also make your own mouthwash with water, baking soda or sea salt, and a drop of peppermint or tea tree oil.
6. Buy natural bodywash, shampoo and conditioner
Avoid ingredients including triclosan, fragrance, PEG, ceteareth, polyethylene, DMDM hydantoin and parabens including propyl, isopropyl, butyl, isobutyl.
7. Make your own natural home cleaners
Cleaners such as AJAX, Lysol, bleach and the like produce very toxic fumes. They can be replaced by a simple and inexpensive mixture of vinegar and lemon. There are many simple recipes for non-toxic, homemade cleaners.
8. Buy natural laundry detergent
Most name brand laundry detergents leave chemical residue on your clothes which is absorbed by your skin. Ingredients to avoid include linear alkyl sodium sulfonates, petroleum distillates, phenols and sodium hypochlorite (house bleach).
9. Don’t use the microwave
Microwaves kill food, plain and simple. The way they cook is unnatural. Instead use your oven, stove-top, toaster or toaster oven whenever possible.
10. Limit your cell phone use
The radiation from cell phones can cause cancer. Limit your cell phone use and try to use hands free options such as Bluetooth and speakerphone whenever possible.
A few other notables include:
- Use natural makeup
- Don’t use baby powder (talcum)
- Don’t use weed killers or pesticides’
‘For the same reason that the conventional energy industry has not harnessed the full potential of solar energy (its free!), sunlight and its indispensable byproduct in our skin: vitamin D, represents a serious threat to the medical establishment, whose questionable and aggressive promotion of vaccinationand drug-based strategies in place of inexpensive, safe and effective vitamin D supplementation (or better, carefully meted out recreation and sunlight exposure) for immunity, has many questioning their motives.
Vitamin D, after all, has a vital preventive role to play in hundreds of conditions, due to the fact that 1 in every 10 genes in the human body depends on adequate quantities of this gene-regulatory hormone to function optimally. In other words, the very genetic/epigenetic infrastructure of our health would fall apart without adequate levels.
Even the risk for developing cancer, one of the most feared health conditions of our time — and the one the medical establishment has had the least success preventing and treating – is intimately connected to your vitamin D status.
Indeed, a groundbreaking new meta-analysis on the sunlight - vitamin D connection, published in the journal Anticancer Research and based on data from over 100 countries, found that “a strong inverse correlations with solar UVB for 15 types of cancer,” with weaker, though still significant evidence for the protective role of sunlight in 9 other cancers.
“Bladder, breast, cervical, colon, endometrial, esophageal, gastric, lung, ovarian, pancreatic, rectal, renal, and vulvar cancer; and Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Weaker evidence exists for nine other types of cancer: brain, gallbladder, laryngeal, oral/pharyngeal, prostate, and thyroid cancer; leukemia; melanoma; and multiple myeloma.”’
‘Genetically modified foods are getting a lot of press these days, especially in California where Proposition 37, the labeling of GMO foods, will be on the November 6th Election Day ballot. Why is the GMO industry so upset about having GM foods labeled? Could it be if consumers knew what GMOs are capable of doing not only to the environment but also to the human body, they would not purchase them, as happened in many countries, especially the European Union?
Would you believe that the United States is the only industrialized country in the world that does not permit the labeling of GMOs for either fresh or processed foods? However, 14 states have legislation introduced regarding GMO labeling that seems to be going nowhere fast. In 2005 Alaska passed a biotech seafood labeling law.
Alaskan Governor Frank Murkowski recently signed into law Senate Bill 25 which is the United States’ first law for labeling genetically engineered food. 
Interestingly, Michael Hansen, a senior scientist with Consumers Union says, “If companies say genetic engineering is fine, then OK let’s label it and let the consumers make their own decisions.” So what are the biotechs afraid of?
Scientific facts? Being caught with fudged science, especially since the recent 2-year rat study, performed by Professor Giles-Eric Seralini, PhD, at the independent research facility CRIIGEN in France, was published in Food and Chemical Technology. Photographs of tumor-laden rats from that CRIIGEN study can be viewed at http://sustainablepulse.com/2012/09/19/criigen-study-links-gm-maize-roundup-premature-death-cancer/.’
‘Skin cancer before and 30 days after treatment with cannabis oil aka Rick Simpson Hemp Oil.’
‘What if you just found out that cancer in America began when food processing plants became prominent and people moved closer to the industrial plants, where the jobs were, just after World War II? And what if you found out from a very “reliable source” that the U.S. government knew this processed food would cause cancer? Would you believe it, or would you call the people who do believe it conspiracy theorists? Does it seem so RADICAL of a concept, like some outrageous and malicious plan to make money at the expense of people’s lives and livelihood? Or is it just paranoia, now being spread by the nightly news? (http://www.naturalnews.com/012923.html)
What if CNN, Dateline NBC, 60 Minutes, or some other network prime time “mainstream news” program did a HUGE NATIONAL STORY about how fluoride in public water is causing Alzheimer’s, Osteoporosis and Arthritis, and nearly every city and county in America would be removing it from the public water supply starting first thing Monday? Then you found out the very next morning that your town or city was not on that list, because your mayor just switched from a job at a chemical company, and he or she is “all for fluoridated water.” Are you worried? Do you run out a buy expensive filters at the hardware store for your sinks, for your showers, for everything? (http://www.thedoctorwithin.com/water/water/) Does it seem so RADICAL of a concept, like some horribly unethical plan to make money off people’s sickness? Or is it just paranoia, now being spread by the ever so popular nightly news? (http://www.naturalnews.com/030819_fluoride_brain_damage.html)
Then you start thinking, wait a second, could people go to jail for coming up with this idea, of fluoridating the water, or did they already go to jail for MASS MURDER? Maybe it’s time to do a little homework for yourself, especially since it’s now all over the news. (http://www.naturalnews.com/030819_fluoride_brain_damage.html)’