With nearly 100 percent certainty I can assure you we won’t be hearing President Barack Obama and GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, or their respective surrogates, talking about America’s food waste dilemma (or what I and others would describe as a crisis) in the months ahead. That’s too bad since food waste is creating significant social, economic and environmental consequences for the US (and the world).
This growing crisis and the fact that discarded food provides a unique lens through which to view the water/energy/agriculture nexus (a topic of great interest to us here at GRACE and Ecocentric), prompted me to take a closer look at the food that goes uneaten and how it impacts Americans. While researching this trending topic, I learned some interesting facts I thought I’d share.
another great article to read….
- theweirdingway likes this
- wozziebear reblogged this from anti-propaganda
- chopzz likes this
- themovedmind likes this
- letyourimaginationwander likes this
- escalatortemporarilystairs likes this
- vilepitchers reblogged this from anti-propaganda and added:
- vilepitchers likes this
- minicosm reblogged this from parkstepp
- serendipitousscavenger reblogged this from anti-propaganda
- journey-to-balance likes this
- adefectiveidealist reblogged this from anti-propaganda
- anti-propaganda reblogged this from parkstepp
- parkstepp posted this