→ 05 Oct 11 at 11 am
#10 Statistical Games with the Unemployment Rate. At Information Clearing House, Greg Hunter showed that instead of 9%, the real unemployment rate is over 22%.
#9 Chemtrails. Atmospheric Geoengineering: Weather Manipulation, Contrails and Chemtrails, July 10, 2010.
#8 The Truth on Nuclear Power. The Union of Concerned Scientists published a report describing 14 near-miss nuclear accidents in 2010 in the US. (One is Fort Calhoun, which I covered here and here.) Other nuclear pieces mentioned in this category include Jeff Goodell’s “America’s Nuclear Nightmare” at Rolling Stone.
#7 U.S. Army and psychology’s largest experiment – ever. Horrified by war? Be positive! A series of APA articles describing and promoting a program of “psychological resilience” is confronted by Roy Eidelson, Marc Pilisuk and Stephen Soldz at Truthout.
#6 Google Spies for CIA, US Military. In January 2010, Eric Sommer wrote “Google’s Deep CIA Connections” for Pravda.ru.
#5 Prison Companies Fund Anti-Immigrant Legislation. Exposed in depth by Peter Cervantes-Gautschi at AlterNet, Wall Street is profiting from immigrant lock-ups.
#4 Wall Street Engineers Food Crisis. On March 24, 2011, David Moberg wrote “Diet Hard: With a Vengeance” for In These Times showing that speculating on food commodities, along with income inequality, cause hunger – not lack of production.
#3 Obama’s Extrajudicial Hit List. State sanctioned assassinations outside the scope of law is somehow okay by this dictator. This is an under-reported story later covered by Glenn Greenwald atSalon and William Fisher at IPS. Originally titled “Death by Drone: ‘CIA’s hitlist is murder’,” IPS later changed it to “Death by Remote: But Is It Legal?”
#2 Army of Fake Personas to Promote Propaganda. Two sites broke the story on Feb. 22, 2011: Darlene Storm at Computer World and Stephen Webster at Raw Story. In March, Guardian writers Nick Fielding and Ian Cobain covered it.
#1 US Soldier Suicides Exceed Combat Deaths in 2010. Cord Jefferson broke the story on Jan. 27, 2011 at Iceland’s Good Magazine.
- truthandpeace likes this
- elysethegorgon reblogged this from interactivesleep
- calicojak likes this
- twenty-first-century-girl likes this
- psychedelia-nervosa likes this
- empathy-vs-apathy-nyc reblogged this from starsinhereyes
- cyberbeau reblogged this from bi0philia
- tothe-pharcyde likes this
- meonthemic reblogged this from interactivesleep
- bi0philia reblogged this from starsinhereyes
- just-another-hopeless-romantic11 reblogged this from starsinhereyes
- brok3n-jar likes this
- interactivesleep reblogged this from starsinhereyes
- innersalts likes this
- starsinhereyes reblogged this from knowledgeappliedispower
- starsinhereyes likes this
- steammpunk-slimmmmmmmmmmmmmm likes this
- lynk25 reblogged this from knowledgeappliedispower
- lynk25 likes this
- bellesheba likes this
- lshowitt likes this
- eibomb likes this
- cyn7h1a reblogged this from knowledgeappliedispower
- ombres-de-minuit likes this
- rainelectriclove likes this
- manmadepowers reblogged this from sailonsilvergirl and added:
- sailonsilvergirl reblogged this from knowledgeappliedispower
- sailonsilvergirl likes this
- mademoisellealiyah likes this
- highburychic reblogged this from knowledgeappliedispower
- knowledgeappliedispower reblogged this from pigcharmer
- smdy reblogged this from hellyeahfeminism
- musicmastermind likes this
- from-the-stream likes this
- huuumbilical likes this
- lovelustandlonging reblogged this from justwidle
- justwidle reblogged this from culturerevo
- adastra24 reblogged this from pigcharmer
- eeriehowls reblogged this from pigcharmer
- eeriehowls likes this
- dwanyayeast likes this
- nastymoopsy likes this
- megsaidtho likes this
- pocketful likes this
- showpeace likes this
- thesolowhosdolo reblogged this from culturerevo
- pigcharmer reblogged this from the-grey-order
- nikbates likes this
- callme-sen reblogged this from kenny42o